Die Cast Tooling Production
Contact our team today to experience the Dynacast difference.
Multi-Slide Die Cast Tooling
Our proprietary multi-slide technology was originally invented in 1936. Since then, we have made continuous improvements to our tools and machines to offer the most advanced die casting process. Multi-slide tooling is designed to use four (or more) perpendicular slides in the tool allowing us to create more complex and accurate castings. Multi-slide die casting offers a number of unique advantages, including:
- Net shape first time, eliminating secondary operations like assembly and machining
- Complex geometry and tight tolerances at high speed for world-class productivity and lower total costs
- Minimum part-to-part variation compared to standard multi-cavity dies
- More compact tools that are less prone to parting-line variation and its negative effect on the ﬁnished part’s dimensional tolerances
Conventional Die Cast Tooling
Conventional die cast tooling comes in single cavities (one part per cycle) or multiple cavities (more than one part per cycle). Our conventional tooling process is designed with only two slides rather than four and it provides customers with efficiency in production and lower costs. When you choose Dynacast as your die casting company you receive:
- Quality built dies which efficiently cope with high volume production
- Attention to the design of the dies, putting in as many of the part’s features as needed to avoid secondary operations. Our goal is always net shape first time
- Careful planning to eliminate machining and reduce costs
- Predictive wear analysis to promote the longevity of our dies, our tool designers predict what part of the die may wear out and insert this as a separate piece of steel
- Carefully planned water and cooling lines ensure efficient production
Dynacast Tool Design & Production
All of our tools start with design for manufacturing, where we talk with our customers to make sure any shortfalls for the part can be vetted and corrected before the tool is built. Modifying die features on the front end will help to improve the final part but also increase the overall quality of the tool. During this design phase, we can also predict where the tool will wear and create removable inserts for the tool that can save time and maintenance. We design our tools to run with minimal downtime.
The Dynacast tooling division is comprised of about 25 toolmakers and 95% of them have been with Dynacast for over 25 years. Their knowledge and experience make a tremendous difference for our customers. Not only do they make the best die cast tools but they have worked with thousands of customers from nearly every industry and can modify solutions if any issues arise during the production process.
Contact our engineering team to request a quote or schedule an in-person meeting to learn more about our die cast tools.