Zinc alloy characteristics:
- High strength and hardness
- Excellent electrical conductivity
- High thermal conductivity
- Low cost raw material
- High dimensional accuracy and stability
- Excellent thin wall capability
- Ability to cold form, which eases joining
- High quality finishing characteristics
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
- Full recyclability
Zinc’s high strength and hardness lends itself to many solutions and it’s the ideal alternative to machined, pressed, stamped, and fabricated components.
Applications for Zinc:
- Complex net-shaped zinc housings, with precise thin walls offer excellent electrical performance and shielding properties
- Our proprietary multi-slide die casting process and superior thin-wall capabilities make us the foremost supplier of zinc components for broad range of consumer electronic devices
- The castability of zinc, its wear resistance, and structural integrity make it perfect for the creation of the multi-faceted, highly complex shapes used in automotive safety and electronics industry
ZP 2 is one of the most versatile alloys available on the market with a wide range of applications.
ZP 3 has a good thermal and electrical conductivity. Zinc casting alloy ZP 3 is much stronger than reinforced molded polymers.
ZP 5 alloy castings are much more durable than their plastic components and have a very high density.
Zamak 7 (ASTM AG40B), or Zinc Alloy 7, is a modification of Zamak 3. It is a high-purity alloy containing lower magnesium content and has a tighter impurities specification. This results in improved casting fluidity, ductility and surface finish.
ZA-8, or zinc Aluminium alloy, contains significantly more Aluminium than the Zamak group of alloys. ZA-8 contains approximately 8.4% Aluminium and is the only ZA alloy that can be hot-chamber die cast, an important consideration when selecting a material for a component.
ACuZinc5 is an alloy researched and developed by General Motors. It is best known for its creep performance, surface hardness, and lubricity.
EZAC is a hot-chamber zinc die casting alloy with superior creep resistance, high yield strength, and high hardness.
ZA 27 - Zinc Aluminium
ZA-27, or zinc Aluminium alloy, contains significantly more Aluminium than the Zamak group of alloys. The number 27 represents the approximate percentage of Aluminium.