Dynacast is the leading supplier of precision metal components to the automotive industry with capabilities ranging from less than one hundredth of a gram to one kilogram, in zinc, aluminum, and magnesium. Supplying customers globally, we are accustomed to working to the just-in-time supply requirements of the automotive OEMs and Tier-1 manufacturers. Manufacturing billions of components each year, Dynacast consistently meets the industry’s most stringent quality standards and tolerances.
The majority of vehicles within North America, Europe, and Asia contain components manufactured by Dynacast. Our proprietary multi-slide die casting process, combined with conventional hot and cold chamber die casting are highly suited to manufacture complex components at high volumes.
Dynacast’s experience is unrivaled in the design, development, and manufacture of precision die cast solutions for a wide range of automotive applications, including but not limited to:
- Shielding telematics and electronic equipment
- Sensor and airbag housings as well as other active safety mechanisms
- Zero defect seat belt retractor spools
- Precision components for instrumentation switches
- Intricate lock barrels
- Lightweight components for improved vehicle fuel economy
- Connectors for autonomous vehicles
- Sensor and lidar housing for increased safety features
- Durable passive steering and braking systems
Die Casting Benefits for the Automotive Industry
Dynacast has over 80 years of experience assisting automotive manufacturers design cost-effective automotive components. When you partner with Dynacast you can receive the following benefits from our die casting process:
- More design freedom and flexibility to create complex parts
- Magnesium and aluminum components that help reduce vehicle weight
- Precisely cast, thin-walled housings that provide shielding for an ever-increasing number of electronic sensors
- The capability to position electronic componentry and heat sinks within a net-shape design
- Vital shielding for telematics, which integrates telecommunications, navigation, and entertainment features within the vehicles’ systems
- Connector housings for vehicle electronic and electrical systems manufactured in all shapes and sizes in zinc, aluminum, and magnesium
- Fully recyclable die castings that help to achieve stricter product recycling requirements
- A wide variety of finishes from high-specification plating to cosmetic finishes
Dynacast Automotive Capabilities
Dynacast operates die casting facilities globally, manufacturing precision components utilizing proprietary multi-slide and conventional hot and cold chamber die casting technologies. Our team’s knowledge, combined with structured project management methods help to support customers from concept, through rapid prototyping, tooling, and pre-production stages, as well as full-scale manufacturing.
Contact our engineering team today to get started on your next project.